Deep Hull

Deep Hull

Saturday 27 February 2010

Hello world!

So, it's now Saturday, weekends are my favourite times, no surprises there for anyone else who is caught up in the 9 to 5 rat race.  It's quite bright today, making a change from all the dull, wet weather of the past few weeks.  I'm going to go out for a walk on our local shopping street for some fresh air and a browse.  We are lucky to have this lovely shopping area full of independant shops, here is the website of a scheme that was set up to encourage shoppers to the area http://www.lovelocal.org.uk/ and I try to support them by shopping there when I can.

Knitting-wise, I'm currently knitting a sweater for my mister in Sirdar Hug.  It's going to be a large project for me and will take me quite some time as I'm not renowned for being a fast knitter!  Maybe he'll get to wear it next winter then!!  I'm also knitting this http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/mayer/mayer.html for myself in Patons Jet in a gorgeous orange/purple/brown mix. I'm really pleased with how it's looking but I've put it on the back-burner for a while to do the boyfriend's sweater.  As I'm not too far off the finish line I maybe should crack on with it and be able to wear it in Spring.  Ah yes, Spring.  It won't be too long now before the crocuses start peeping through on the central reservations of the dual carriageways.  This event never fails to make me ridiculously happy.  The first day I drive to work and see the crocuses, I have a smile on my face all day long.

I'll try to get photos included in future posts but for now, this is it.  My first blog post.  Signing off for now but in the words of Arnie, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment