Deep Hull

Deep Hull

Thursday 4 November 2010

Knitting

I've been a bit disillusioned with my knitting lately.  I can't seem to get very enthusiastic about anything, I keep starting things and either leaving them or frogging after only a few inches because it's just not working for me.  I started Mr Greenjeans in some Patons Jet in a lovely bright red, this was after frogging the Central Park Hoodie I had started and decided I wouldn't like!  I also started, with enthusiasm, a February Lady  in Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran in Navy.  I've been wanting a navy blue cardi and can't find anything in the shops so I was quite happy to be starting this and really looking forward to wearing it in a few weeks.  However, I'm struggling with it.  The yarn is quite...well, I don't know how to explain it really, just that it is difficult to knit with.  It doesn't seem to slide along the needles, I'm working on a circular and I've tried both metal tips and the knit pro wooden ones but it is such hardwork!  I have to stop every few stitches to drag the rest of the stitches along and it makes it slow going.   At this rate, it will be winter 2012 before I am wearing this cardi!!  I bought some of the very lovely Ethical Twist DK from Kemps and planned to knit Coraline, I swatched and then washed the swatch and..... have had nothing else to do with the project since, haven't even measured the gauge of the washed swatch.  No idea why because I was buzzing about that cardi whilst winding the wool and thought I wouldn't even be able to wait for the swatch to be washed before starting to knit. I frogged the lovely Clothilde because the Ranco Multy was doing nothing for the delicate pattern of the lace, I may start another one in some solid 4ply I have in stash but I've lost my appetite for it just at the moment.  In short, nothing has made me want to rush to cast on lately and the cardigans I have OTN have felt a bit like a chore, so it gives me great pleasure to announce that I received a little squishy parcel today which has got me a wee bit excited :-).  It's a skein of Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend in shade Arctic which is a lovely green, and with it I'm going to join in the Woolly Wormhead Mystery KAL.  I've never done a mystery KAL before so am really looking forward to getting started with this.  Oh please let this be my mojo coming back, I hate being so lethargic and disinterested.

No comments:

Post a Comment