Deep Hull

Deep Hull

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Is it finished yet?

My Red 'jeans Cardigan that is.  The short answer is NO.  The longer version involves descriptions of flu-like symptoms, snotty nose, hacking cough, being off work sick and generally not having the energy to do much in the way of knitting.  Actually, the knitting bit is finished, I need to sew in the ends, get a button and then I'll be wearing it.  On the whole I have enjoyed knitting it as much as I did the last one but it has got a bit tiresome towards the end and I'm looking forward to starting something new.

Last Saturday, amidst the aforementioned flu-like symptoms, I took Michael back to Uni in York.  We went and did some grocery shopping first, then drove through to York in the afternoon.  On arrival, I noticed that most other students being dropped off by parents/friends/whoever, seemed to have all their belongings in only one or two bags or suitcases.  Why then did we have a car-load of belongings and shopping that would see a small third world village right for the next 3 months?  I have come to the conclusion that my son is a pack-rat.

It's been fun and games with the dog this week...well, not really but that's one of those odd figures of speech we use isn't it?  Anyhow, the background is that Shaggy has been limping quite badly since before Christmas and I had been to the vets with him who said she thought he might have arthritis and gave him some medication which seems to have eased it a bit.  Whilst Michael was home, Shaggy spent most of his time upstairs and apparently forgot to eat (the Vet thinks he may have Altzheimers too - more on that in another post I think!).  I hadn't really seen much of him, being up in Michael's room as he was, so was quite shocked to see him looking even thinner than before and seeming very frail.  He wouldn't eat his normal dry food, so it was off to Pets at Home to buy special 'Senior' food, wet stuff in pouches that is easier to digest apparently.  You'll be happy to hear that he is now eating again...quite enthusiastically as it happens.  My purse however is not so happy as this other food is quite a bit more expensive than Bakers Complete!  Together with the regular cost of the medicines that he will need to take for the rest of his life, he's turning into a bit of an expense.   What can you do though?  We love him, which is just as well because he has been a real pest this week.

Here he is asleep, with his tongue sticking out as he does nowadays.  He does look funny when he wakes suddenly and looks up with his tongue poking out at us.

"I might look asleep, but just look at the tongue out in concentration, the ear pricked up alert to potential intruders. "]

No comments:

Post a Comment