Deep Hull

Deep Hull

Friday 19 March 2010

Time, or lack of, or mismanagement of, or......

I really, really want to keep up with this blog mallarky, I enjoy putting my thoughts down and keeping track of what I'm doing and how I feel but I just never seem to have the time.  Yet, I never seem to get things done either so what do I do with my time?  This week for instance, Monday - No idea what I did once I'd finished cooking and eating, there was no knitting done as I'd temporarily lost my mojo, I didn't watch anything on TV, so what did I do?  Probably got lost in time browsing ravelry or reading blogs.  A waste of an evening?  I don't know about that because I have a busy job so sometimes I just need to chill in the evening but then I feel guilty because the ironing is screaming at me or the house needs a clean through.  There's another post in that I suppose, should one feel guilty about relaxing?  Tuesday, I went to my knitting group, got my mojo back by starting a lovely cabled bag, came home at 8.30 and knitted until around 11.15 then went to bed.  Wednesday was my eldest son's last ever parents evening.  Again, there's another post in that about how proud I am of him and how lovely it was to hear his teachers praising him to the hilt.  I got back home at about 8 and flicked a cleaning cloth around the bathrooms, then knitted and watched football on TV with youngest son.  Thursday, my mum who will be 90 this October, comes for tea on Thursdays, so after I had taken her home I fully intended to tackle the ironing mountain..did I?  Nope, I knitted...again!  I think I'm seeing a trend here of why I get nothing done!!  The point I am making I suppose, is that other people seem to be able to knit as much as I do, but also do the other things they need to do.  With me, it's one or the other.  I need time management lessons I think!

However, I listen to podcasts, like for instance the very wonderful Electric Sheep (you can find the link in my side bar) and despite working full time, in London where half of your day is taken up by travelling to and from work, never mind the 8 hours you spend at work, Hoxton still manages to knit lots of stuff, put together and publish a brilliantly entertaining podcast each week and still have a life.  I think she's actually got one of those gadgets that Dumbledore gave to Hermione so she could be in two places at one time and therefore take an extra class.  Yes, that must be it, all of these seemingly organised people who work full-time, run a household, knit umpteen items to my one pathetic effort and still have a social life, well they all must possess a time travel gadget!

2 comments:

  1. I often feel the same and my kids are all grown up! but still at home) Sometimes I read some of the blogs on ravelry and wonder how they manage to do the knitting then take all the pictures for their blog, write the blog, work full time and have children (in some cases) AND do the housework?? I'm beginning to suspect that some of the superknitters really have secret knitters living in cupboards in their houses who do the knitting while they're out at work etc! Wish I had one to do the housework... am I sounding bitter at all?

    Anyhow, to conclude, you're not alone - I don't know how they do it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness for that! I was beginning to think I was just a slowcoach!

    ReplyDelete